Sending off our senior staff

Our Publications Seniors!

Kimberly Aguirre, Staff Reporter

As the seniors are heading onto a new chapter of their lives, they wanted to say a few words about their time as reporters for The Edge.

My favorite article was the Shakes with Sam because it was funny to see the progression of the idea that Sam was not originally planning for. I will miss getting to chill this period and work but also talk to friends. 

Kelly Hancock  

Publications wasn’t my first choice when I chose my classes, but I am so happy I ended up taking it. Not only was it a fun class I could take with my friends, but I was able to learn new skills and become a better writer and photographer. My favorite experience from this class was Shakes with Sam. It was an experience I will always remember and how happy it made other people was priceless.  

Maddie Pogorzelski 

What I am going to miss about Publications is being able to write stories each month and being able to tell a story. I love working with other students in the class and sharing our work with the school. Being the Managing Editor, this year was a great experience, and I am so glad I got to do that. 

Gabby Sarullo 

At the beginning of the year, I was very hesitant about publishing articles, but I’ve learned to grow a liking for them. I have adopted new skills as a writer, designer, and photographer. Publications class has also allowed me to make new friendships, fun memories, and good laughs. It was my favorite part of the day. Best. Class. Ever. 

Nathalia Aguirre 

 I really enjoyed being in Publications class and being able to see all the work put in with The Edge articles and the yearbook. My favorite thing from this class was working on the yearbook pages and designing them. My favorite article that I wrote this year was the ‘Best-Dressed-Homecoming Week’ article. I’m really excited for everyone to see the yearbook next year

Jianna Birns 

I am so grateful and happy that I got to spend my senior year as part of The Edge! My favorite part about the class was coming up with ideas for the next issue because everyone always had incredible and creative ideas. I loved how excited and dedicated people were for creating the best possible content, and it will be the thing I miss the most. My favorite article that I wrote this year was the review of the Elder and Oat café I did with Gabby because it was fun to write an article with someone else and I got good bread out of the experience. 

Lily Burger 

Throughout my time here in this class, I enjoyed being a copy editor and reading my class’s articles. The people here were supportive of each other and constructive. There is always room for improvement in this class. Overall, my time here was well spent and I enjoyed the people who were here with me on this journey.

Sam Birdsell 

I really enjoyed my time being a part of the publications class. We got to be creative with our article and our yearbook spreads. I feel like we grew closer as a class throughout the year and came together when it was time to brainstorm ideas. My favorite article I wrote was “Women’s History Month” because I got to include women from our community.

Kimberly Aguirre