Getting the closer look

Denise Ibarra, Staff Reporter

St. Edward Central Catholic High School is a small community, so it’s nice to get to know a little more about the people who work here. Wouldn’t you like to know more about Jessica Ortman who works in the cafeteria or Barry Burbury who works hard in keeping the school clean and spotless? Well, now you can!

Ms. Jessica Ortman

Jessica Ortman is in charge of the cafeteria and planning out the school’s lunch menu. When I asked her what she loved most about her job she said, “I just love to cook”. While she and the others who help her cook, she likes to listen to music. Jessica’s favorite type of music to play while cooking is country music. Her favorite activity out of school is spending time outdoors, camping, and kayaking.

Mr. Barry Burbury (Denise Ibarra)

Barry Burbury is in charge of cleaning the school. He enjoys his job because he likes to keep it clean and sanitary for the students. At the start of 7th period, he goes down to the cafeteria, turns on his radio, and plays 101.9 The Mix to entertain himself as he cleans. I asked him what he enjoys doing after school, and he said that he loves walking his dog and also enjoys getting the fresh air.

Overall, it was nice to get to know more about Jessica and Barry, their favorite part of their job, what type of music they listen to, and what hobbies they enjoy out of school. Next time you see one of them walking down the halls, ask them how their day was and get to know them more yourself!