Good grief we finally have a musical

Taylor Petruczenko, Yearbook Editor-In-Chief

Since March 13, 2020, students around the world have not been able to have a normal high school experience. Even though we couldn’t be in person, we have been able to push through and find a way to learn, but the theatre department has not. Last year, our theatre department was able to put on a filmed radio show, but this year we are back to normal and working on a live musical coming this spring. Everybody should get excited for St. Edward’s performance of You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown.  

The musical You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown currently has two adaptations, the original version written in 1967 and a revised version written in 1999. For the spring musical, the school decided to perform the original version with a main cast of 6. You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown follows lovable Peanut Charlie Brown while he goes on a variety of adventures with his friends Lucy, Linus, Schroder, Peppermint Patty, and, of course, Snoopy.  

Since our last musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, many things have changed in our theater department including our directors. This year directors Mr. McLoughlin, Mrs. Amy Warner, and sophomore Lilly West are leading our cast throughout the production. With Senior Ryan Sauceda as Charlie Brown, Senior Izzy Kirkwood as Lucy, Junior Ava Pfeiffer as Linus, Junior Joe Johnson as Schroder, Junior Melinda Jenison as Peppermint Patty, and Junior Lenore McBean as Snoopy, this musical is bound to be amazing. Make sure to catch You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown on Friday, April 29 & Saturday, April 30 at 7:00 pm and on Sunday, May 1 at 2:00 pm.