Competitive cheerleading recap

Dempsey Howicz, Social Media Editor

Competitive cheer is a very exciting sport but also a very taxing sport. The competitive cheer team creates a routine and then they go to different invitationals to perform. This year our cheer team has placed in the top 3 of all their invitations, became sectional champions, and got 6th out of 10 teams in the state competition!

This sport is built around hard work, dedication, and trust. There are a ton of components that go into every cheer routine between lots of long hours and dedication. As our cheerleaders have demonstrated, it is all worth it in the end. The seniors this season are Gabby Sarullo, Emily Sarullo, Ashley Mahute, and Izzy Kirkwood. These seniors have competed all four years. Gabby says something she will always remember is “getting Starbucks before the games when we were told no and rushing to make it on time.” Emily says something she will always remember is “getting 3rd at state in 2020.” Ashley says something she will always remember is “podiuming at state my sophomore year.” Izzy says something she will always remember is “that feeling I get after we hit all of our stunts and just have the dance at the end of the routine. Everyone on the floor cheering for each other and being proud of the routine we had just put on the mat.”

We hope that all the senior cheerleaders and the rest of the team had a great season!