The most tree-mendous holiday movies

Drew Pemberton, Staff Reporter

‘Tis the time of year for all your holiday favorites to start playing on TV. Movies such as Home Alone, National Lampoon Christmas Vacation, and many more are on my list to watch this year. During the Christmas season, snacks are key to having a good movie experience. Junior Kara Michonski says, “Ice cream and popcorn are the best things to eat while watching movies.” Watching Christmas movies and spending time with family and friends is a key tradition in the holiday season. 

Movies are a staple of the holiday season and are just one of the many reasons why it feels so special. Viewing Christmas movies not during Christmas is just not right. If you watch them during the summertime or the spring, it makes the real season seem incomplete. Some people say they should be played year-round and do not want the holiday tradition to stop. Others, including myself, think that these movies should be played only during the wintertime because it adds meaning to Christmas and makes it more important. 

For some people, they just watch for pure entertainment, and for others, it is more than that. Here are some things about your favorite movies that you may have not known about: Rudolph was almost named Reginald the Red Nose Reindeer, Elf was filmed in real-time New York City with completely random strangers, and finally the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was based off a short story called “Christmas ‘59.” Sophomore Josh Avila states, “Movies are something created for everyone’s enjoyment, but just to watch them for a few hours and go about your day is something that happens way too often. People don’t really take into consideration the amount of time and effort people put into these things.”  

In conclusion, Christmas time is one of the most memorable seasons of the calendar year. There are so many fun and exciting things to do even if it is just sitting at home with your friends and family watching an exciting movie. Who knows, maybe you’ll stumble upon a new favorite this holiday season, or maybe not. At the end of the day, it’s about the memories you make and the time you spend relaxing during the frigid winter months.