PromComing Week Recap

The 2021 Promcoming Court

Gabriella Sarullo, Photo Editor

This year due to Covid-19, we were unable to have a Homecoming. With the end of the school year approaching fast. St. Edward wanted to have one last spirit week that mixes Prom and Homecoming activities and ends with a Prom Dinner for all the juniors and seniors. This past week was filled with many fun activities including spirit days, May Crowning, and a pep rally. Here are all the events that took place this past week.

The week started with a fun dress-down where seniors reputed their college gear and took signing-day pictures. Seniors also got to enjoy a nice lunch outside during the fifth and sixth periods. The underclassmen got to do a Hawaiian dress-down day. Tuesday all students got to dress down in either country or country club. It was so fun seeing everyone’s different outfits. On Wednesday, students were able to wear their favorite sports team to school, while seniors got to dress up for the May Crowning Mass. The May Crowing Mass took place after the 8th period, where seniors, Matthew Brady, Olek Drobek, Gus Hartke, Ethan Hayward, Nathan Mesina, Maddie Anderson, Mia Castro, Daniela Esquibias, Julia Heffelfinger, and Jase Leonard honored Mary.

Thursday students were able to wear St. Edward spirit wear to show the St. Edward pride at the pep rally. This was the first time all students were together in one place all year.  The pep rally started with a performance by the first-ever Pep Band whose members included Matt Brady, Eric Ramos, and Tommy Bruemen. After this, we had a performance by the St. Edward band where they played the fight song. “It was really fun being able to perform for the whole school for the first time this year; I enjoyed playing the fight song for everyone,” said Junior Sophia Scheider. The pep rally continued with the Promcoming court presentation. The students that were on the court this year included: Blake Busto, Olek Drobek, Erik Hill, Anthony Kirkwood, Zeke Rolando, Mia Castro, Mona Dominguez, Julia Heffelfinger, Jase Leonard, and Ella Niehaus. The Promcoming court king and queen were Olek Drobek and Jase Leonard. “Just being able to have our ‘Promcoming’ at all this year was such a nice surprise, being crowned queen was just a huge, crazy, amazing cherry on top! The whole night and week leading up to it was so fun and I’m so grateful that we got to have that experience before graduating,” said Promcoming Queen Jase Leonard.

To conclude the pep rally, we had a performance by our 2021 cheerleaders. “I’m very thankful we were able to have a Promcoming week and it was so much fun. Having my last cheer pep rally was sad, but I’m glad I got to do it with my best friends,” said senior cheerleader Grave Vitek. The week ended off with no school on that Friday and later that night was the Promcoming dinner.

These were all the events that took place during Promcoming week. After such a long, different year than normal, it was nice to have a week filled with fun activities to close out this school year. We hope all students enjoyed this past weeks’ events and hope that everything can go back to normal next year.