Prom: the senior send away

Mia Castro, Sarah Kirchen, Jase Leonard, Lainy Lundvick, and Maddie Wood pose at Prom.

Mia Castro, Copy Editor

This year, because of COVID-19, prom looked a little different. Instead of a dance, prom was a formal dinner. The dinner was held on Friday, May 7, starting at 7:30 pm inside the Marriot in Hoffman Estates. The theme this year was family game night. Tickets were sold at $50 this year and juniors and seniors were given two options for dinner, chicken with asiago cream sauce and vegetarian penne primavera are the two options for the dinner. The dessert for that night was Oreo cheesecake. Ms. Weber and the administration have worked hard to give the seniors a fun end of high school since this year limited all other activities. “It’s disappointing prom couldn’t look like usual this year but I’m glad we got to at least do something for our seniors this crazy year.” said Ms. Weber.

Since there was no Homecoming this year, they moved the court and crowning to prom. This year the court consisted of Blake Busto, Olek Drobek, Erik Hill, Anthony Kirkwood, Zeke Rolando, Mona Dominguez, Jase Leonard, Mia Castro, Julia Heffelfinger, and Ella Niehaus. Olek Drobek and Jase Leonard were crowned this year’s King and Queen. Pre-prom pictures were taken at Lord’s Park before everyone headed over to the hotel. There were a lot of fun activities at prom including trivia, board games that were set up at every table and chances to take pictures with your friends with a cool backdrop. Matt Brady said, “I thought it was very fun, I know it wasn’t like other years, but I’m glad the school was able to put something together for the senior class.” “I’m glad that we still had something and I’m appreciative of all the hard work that went into it,” said Madison O’Connell.