Mrs. AnnMarie (Woj) Dufelmeier now assistant principal

Mrs.+AnnMarie+%28Woj%29+Dufelmier++

St. Edward Staff

Mrs. AnnMarie (Woj) Dufelmier

Madison O'Connell, Staff Reporter

Mrs. AnnMarie (Woj) Dufelmeier has switched from her classroom desk to one that greets the entire school, a desk in the main office. While many students miss her in the classroom, Mrs. Woj has assumed a new role, effective this past July, as the new Assistant Principal working alongside Mr. Tekampe. As Mrs. Woj changes her location in the school, she states that this new role gives her the opportunity to connect with students and their families in new ways, but also remain a club advisor for our beloved Interact Club. (Interact Club will have their first meeting virtually later this month. Mrs. Woj looks forward to working with the St. Edward Preparatory Academy in connection with Interact Club to do virtual reading buddies, if allowed.)

Mrs. Woj states that as a St. Laurence and St. Edward alum, she has experienced firsthand the importance Catholic education has on young people. Although she misses teaching freshman English and forming relationships with them, she still loves when students take time to say hi in the halls or ask about projects.

Mrs. Woj hopes to enhance programs at St. Ed’s including the Big Brother/Sister mentor program. She wants to help all students feel as though they are connected to our school community. Taking on this bigger role at St. Ed’s allows Mrs. Woj to be open about starting new programs and working with the teachers in different ways. Mrs. Woj states, “The teachers we are blessed enough to have here at St. Ed’s are not only the teachers I know, but also some of the best human beings out there.”

Mrs. Woj reminds all students to be problem solvers and find ways to make things happen  while understand this transition is different as she states that the hardest transition in her life now is not having enough time to get everything completed as she started a new master’s program. Even though finding free time to spend with her husband, foster kids, and dogs is hard, she loves to be outside with everyone and grilling during the Fall months. A fun fact about Mrs. Woj is that she and her husband met here at St. Ed’s and will have been married for 10 years this year.

We are so blessed to have you Mrs. Woj and can’t wait to see what changes you bring this year!