NHS Baby Shower

Gifts+from+students+who+attended+the+baby+shower+

Gifts from students who attended the baby shower

Brianalynne Schreurs, Reporter

A baby shower was held in the St. Edward LRC on April 5. Only National Honors Society students and their guests were allowed to attend this event. It was put together by the NHS students themselves to help families who cannot afford necessities for their baby.

This event first started when a former British Literature teacher, Mr. Egan, came up with the idea. It was around the time of when Kate and William Middleton had their first child. Since the Royal Family was tied to England and so was Mr. Egan’s class, here started the baby shower “tradition.”

Last year, it was brought back to life by NHS office students. It was celebrated again this year with snacks like bagels and cream cheese, cookies, donut holes, and juice boxes—all purchased by NHS students. There were also cute baby shower games for everyone to play. Although, it is not just a party where you get to hang out at and skip a class period. This events main goal was to provide for anyone struggling with providing for their baby. The guests were required to bring a gift to the shower. By the end of the party, there was a table full of baby donations such as lotion, soap, food, and wipes, all wrapped in nice gift bags for the families to take home.

These gifts were brought to the Pregnancy Crisis Center in Elgin. Mrs. DeBrocke notes how, “The Crisis Center was amazed to how much was contributed and were very thankful.” Hopefully this tradition stays alive with St. Edward forever as it helps so many families and lives. Christ truly fills the walls of this school.