The Edge

Five Feet Apart : Movie Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Five Feet Apart : Movie Review

Imdb

Imdb

Imdb

Kieana Banas, Reporter

“If I’m going to die, I’d like to actually live first.” – Rachael Lippincott, Five Feet Apart

Cystic fibrosis (CF) patient, Stella,  is a beloved teen who spends most of her time at  St. Grace hospital because of her disease. She spends her days in organized routines and learns limits as she documents her journey through her YouTube channel. Her daily patterns & self-control are put to test when she crosses paths with Will,in the NICU area of the hospital. Will is an irresistible and charming boy, who unfortunately suffers from CF as well.There’s instant sparks between Will and Stella, who spend time observing the babies together, but their diseases keeps them six feet apart from each other to prevent catching on to each other’s sicknesses even further. As their connection deepens, so does the temptation to break their restricted distance and embrace their attraction.

Five Feet Apart gave me a rollercoaster of emotions. The rollercoaster reached its peak with Stella’s personality. I really admired Stella’s positivity and bubbliness despite the situation she was in. Stella’s bright attitude inspired me to be grateful for my good health and try to remain positive in times of darkness because even people who suffer with severe sicknesses have a smile on their faces. The low parts of the emotional rollercoaster was when Stella started developing feelings for Will. Although I was very touched with how their love story turned out, I was nervous because the dangers that came with falling in love with each were vivid and clear.

I really appreciated Stella’s and Will’s relationship in the movie. It was very simple yet truly genuine, which makes it perfect. Five Feet Apart is definitely on the top of my list of movies that make you cry. Overall, it was a very good movie that you and your best girl friends can watch!

Five Feet Apart earned $13.8m on debut weekend. It has a rating of 58% on rotten tomatoes, and it earned an A+ from Cinemascore among audiences under 18.

Kieana Banas, Reporter

Hey it's Ki! (: I'm one of the new additions to The Edge this year! I love working out and going out with my friends. I also love long car drives at night,...