Dave Madden: NFF Scholar Athlete Award

Ben Harrington, Reporter

Senior Dave Madden says, “I’m happy my hard work paid off, and thankful for the people who support me.” After learning that he would be receiving the Halas award, Madden feels very accomplished. The Halas award is given to a student athlete who excels in the classroom, as an athlete, and in the community. After coming off of a monster football season, Madden really did open some eyes with his big game changing plays. Behind the scenes, other than going head to head on Friday nights, Madden has been superb in the classroom with an outstanding GPA of 4.55 and an ACT score of 31. Dave has been participating in his church youth group (PML), that directly impacts the community around him, for the past four years. He is also apart of NHS, SADD, and Spanish Club where he offers his time to help others around him.

Madden will be accepting his award in Lake Forest at Halas Hall on February 19, 2018. Madden will join other Saint Edward football stars, Luke Duffy, Christopher Kelly, and Collin Holte. “Winning this award means a lot to me” says Madden, “I put in a lot of time and work into football, school, and helping out with my community. I am so thankful that I was chosen for this honorable award. The only bad part about this is that it’s a Chicago Bears award…I’ll be representing my Green Bay Packers while I’m there.”