Fine Arts Fest

Shannon May and Kyle Brown

Together, Mr. Jones, Ms. Richmond, Mrs. Tabbert, and all of the students involved put on another successful Fines Arts Fest! There were several art projects made in Ms. Richmond’s art classes on display, ranging from large canvas designs to creative masks. Another big event was the fashion show which highlighted the clothes made in Mrs. Tabbert’s clothing classes. Finally there was the music portion of the festival. Mr. Jones and his band and choir students combined to create amazing music!

From 3pm to 4pm, there was an art viewing where student’s best pieces were put on display to be viewed and judged. Many forms of art were present, such as 3D art, paintings utilizing different materials to change texture such as sand or spray paint, sketches, digital art, charcoal drawings, and even masks made of acrylic and pastel. Of all this wonderful art, judges chose their favorites to win 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and honorable mention ribbons. Even though only some pieces were chosen to win prizes, the artists’ passion and commitment shone through all the beautiful pieces of art.

Slotted from 4pm to 4:30pm, the fashion show was a rousing success. Clothing class students put forth their A-game Sunday, April 24th, 2016, showcasing their amazing sewing talents and creative use of cloth. The clothing was simply marvelous; the designs were runway ready, the fabrics chosen complemented each piece, and the clothes looked like they could be part of a famous clothing line. The designers clearly knew what they were doing and learned from the best; they looked pretty sharp too.

From 4:30pm to 6pm, musical performances finished off the show. The band kicked off the spectacular performance with solos, fun songs, and a lot of practiced and perfected songs. Band put amazing effort into the performance and played their hearts out. Next up was choir, who performed with amazing effort. Soloist slayed in the performance of Seasons of Love. They practiced for weeks to perfect their songs, and they turned out beautifully.

Then came the senior farewell. Twenty three seniors will be leaving our band and choir, leaving a legacy that will not be soon forgotten. Possibly the best choir, band, artists, and designers in St. Edward history, underclassmen will have some big shoes to fill when they leave. Tears were shed as Mr. Jones was saying farewell. Even though the seniors will be missed, we wish them well and hope that they’ll join us at Fine Arts Fest next year.