Hitting the right notes at Choir Fest

Dr. Sinclair led all the schools at the fest in a collective rendition of "Prepare." and Video courtesy of Chris Jones

Charlie Canning

The St. Edward male choir, A.K.A. the ‘Mangels.’

Charlie Canning, Reporter

Every year the St. Edward choir travels to perform with a few hundred other chorus singers to one large and loud choir, where they showcase their vocal skills. This year the choir performed at Elmurst Christian Reformed Church, and was joined by schools such as Fenton, Illiana Christian, ICC, and Riverside Brookfield. The entire event was led by Dr. Sinclair, a renowned music professor at Vandercook College of Music. St Edward sang the classic and beautiful Christmas song ‘Mary, Did You Know’. Senior choir student Anna Skog stated, “Choir fest was an amazing experience because I got to make music with hundreds of other choir students and learned how to be a better soprano. Dr. Sinclair taught us the importance of expressing emotion when singing.”

For another chance to see the choir perform, make sure to come to St. Edward on Sunday, December 11 at 4:30 p.m. for a exciting night of Christmas caroling. The concert will be performed by the St. Edward choir and jazz band. They will be performing songs such as “Baby it’s Cold Outside”, “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”, and a new holiday-themed jingle, “Text Me Merry Christmas.”  There is no admission fee and all are welcome. This is a fun event for all families to gather and enjoy great music performed by our talented students.

Details about the upcoming Christmas concert.
Charlie Canning